Surrogacy is a method or agreement whereby a woman agrees to carry a pregnancy for another person or persons, who will become the newborn child’s parent(s) after birth.
WHAT IS SURROGACY?
Surrogacy is a process where a woman (Surrogate) carries and delivers a baby for another couple (Commissioning couple) There is no genetic connection between the baby and the surrogate.
WHEN IS IT RECOMMENDED?
Surrogacy is usually advised to women with a medical condition that makes it impossible or dangerous for them to get pregnant and give birth. These include:
- Absence or malformation of the womb
- Adhesions in the uterine cavity
- Repeated implantation failures.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Medical problems including diabetes, hypertension, renal disease where carrying a pregnancy can endanger mother’s life
WHAT IS THE INITIAL ASSESSMENT?
- We perform a thorough assessment including blood tests, ultrasound scan, hysteroscopy etc. to determine why a person is unable to carry the pregnancy.
- Likewise, we also do blood tests and ultrasound examination on the person selected to be a surrogate to determine if she is healthy and suitable to carry the pregnancy.
WHAT IS THE SURROGACY PROCESS?
- Once the surrogacy need is confirmed, a suitable surrogate is identified
- After assessment and initial screening of the surrogate, a legal contract is arranged between Genesis, surrogate and the commissioning couple
- The surrogate will receive hormones to prepare her for the pregnancy
- During this process, we perform ultrasound scan to determine when she is ready for transferring the commissioning couples’ embryos into her womb.
- After the embryo/s have been transferred, pregnancy test is done around 14-17 days after the transfer.
If pregnancy test is positive, she will receive further regular antenatal care until delivery
If you are struggling to have a baby, get in touch with the fertility experts at Genesis Fertility and Laparoscopy Centre. They will help you with your medical check-up, diagnose the underlying fertility disorders, and address your concerns before suggesting a genuine treatment to help you conceive and deliver a healthy baby.
Genesis Fertility and Laparoscopy Centre has state-of-the-art infrastructure, the latest medical equipment, and experienced fertility experts. There is a huge array of satisfied patients who have been able to witness parenthood care at Genesis Fertility and Laparoscopy Centre.
Experience the joy of holding your little one in your arms, schedule an appointment at Genesis Fertility and Laparoscopy Centre today!