How To Avoid Infertility Treatment?
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text el_class="common-heading abthme-page"]
Gone are the days when women used to get married at a very young age and lead an active lifestyle owing to the never-ending household chores. Most food was homemade! Last 2 decades have seen phenomenal changes. More women are educated, are working and are successful in career. Women empowerment through employment, absolutely great! Both men and women are working at high posts in MNCs and other big corporations. Most of them have a full-time desk job which restricts their physical movement in many known and unknown ways. The work atmosphere is highly competitive and there is a lot of undesirable work stress too. The hours are long and odd hours too! And in this rigmarole, they are getting married late.
And what else changed? ….Use of plastic, fast foods, preserved foods, air pollution and the list is endless! All these factors are majorly contributing to an increased number of infertility issues in both men and women. The only good news here is that with proper knowledge and taking the right preventive measures, infertility can be easily avoided.
So let’s see how we can avoid getting infertility treatment:
- Maintain healthy weight – WHO Survey says 40% of adults aged 18 years and over are overweight and 11% are underweight. Both over and under lead to hormonal imbalances and eventually infertility. So the trick to avoid a fertility specialist is to maintain weight optimum weight, BMI close to 25
- Eat a Balanced Diet – Consuming nutritional meals in a timely manner helps in improving menstrual regularity and enhances overall health. Brisk walking, jogging, running or other mild exercises improve the activity levels and blood circulation. This, in turn, leads to fewer chances of infertility.
- Give up Caffeine – Tea, Coffee or any other form of caffeine when taken in large quantities on a regular basis has detrimental effects on the reproductive system of both men and women. It negatively affects the couple’s ability to conceive and thus increases the odds of infertility.
- Quit Smoking – It goes without saying that smoking leads to cancer and heart disease on long term. In short term, it adversely affects the couple’s ability to have children. In men, it reduces the sperm potential and women have difficulty in getting pregnant and once pregnant, carry a higher chances of miscarriage as compared to those who do not.
- Lower Stress Levels – Any form of stress whether it be professional, personal, financial, peer pressure or social pressure, it’s known to massively reduce the sperm count in men and leads to hormonal imbalances in women. Practicing yoga and meditating for 10-15 minutes every day or merely going for a stroll has significantly lowers stress levels and works wonders for their infertility issues.
- Stay away Sexually transmitted infections STIs – Both men and women must practice safe sex as failure to do so may cause STIs such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea and lead to blockage in fallopian tubes and prostatitis that severely affect fertility.
- Avoid Workplace Hazards – Certain toxins like mercury, lead, DDT, and other chemical compounds contribute significantly to infertility. Dioxin pollutants that are common to the paper industry have also been proven to adversely affect the reproductive tract and decrease fertility.
- Say no to alcohol and marijuana! – Excessive intake of alcohol or a daily dose of drugs like steroids or marijuana has been known to reduce sperm count and sperm quality in men. If men are exposed to extreme heat for longer durations, or if their job requires them to keep sitting for hours at a stretch, or if they wear extremely tight clothes, they have an increased probability of infertility.
- Get fertility assessment before planning the delay- As you would agree by now, infertility is mainly a lifestyle disorder. If the expecting couple becomes aware of the risk factors and ensures to take control of their lifestyle choices, they can easily prevent infertility issues.
It is vital for the couple to monitor their reproductive health at an early age. A couple must not wait until they are ready to have a baby to think about fertility. They must get themselves checked on a time to time basis to be able to plan their future well.
If however, even after all lifestyle adjustments and a year of having unprotected sex, you are still unable to conceive, you must schedule an appointment with Genesis Fertility and Laparoscopy Centre for an infertility check-up.
Catering to men as well as women, Genesis Fertility and Laparoscopy Centre is Hyderabad’s premier destination for advanced infertility diagnosis and treatment. It offers a large array of fertility treatments like IVF/ICSI, PGS/PGD, IUI, egg freezing, etc. The qualified and experienced doctors at Genesis Fertility and Laparoscopy Centre offer accurate medical advice and advanced infertility treatments. Schedule an appointment today!